Hunt and Gaunt Optometrist have been part of Mt Eden since 1995 and Titirangi since 2001.
In that time we have developed a friendly and efficient team who strives to do the best for each one of our clients personal needs.
Owner and our practicing optometrist Sarah Hunt has been practicing full time since 1985.
She graduated from Auckland University in 1984 and has been in private practice ever since.
She opened Hunt and Gaunt Optometrist in 1995 initially in Mt Eden and then extending to Titirangi.
We provide a range of services.
- Expert eye examinations from preschool children to elderly patients. We can do home visits if required.
- Advise on frames and personal requirements for lenses to get each individual what they need to suit their lifestyle.
- Full range of contact lenses and solutions.
- Contact lens fitting and trials for those who have not worn contact lenses before.
- Fashionable and functional frames to meet everyone’s budget.
- Onsite fitting and some onsite repairs.
- Prescription and non prescription sunglasses
- Eyesight certificate for driver licence.
- Dry eye advise and products.
- Referral to eye specialist when required
- Enable subsidy for children under 16 that are eligible